2012年8月7日火曜日

[souvenir]"Japanese TRADITIONAL" Real Candy LIP GLOSS!!

Hey, guys! Konbanwa!
How are you doing?


As for me, I went to Ginza, Tokyo to enjoy “window shopping.” And you know, the word “window shopping” does not always mean literal “just watching into windows” ….lol


Well, today, I found this very unique product….LIP GLOSS!!


I know finding tubes of lip gloss is not that unique, but the remarkable thing is; where I found this cosmetics.
 

I found this at the Japanese traditional candy shop called AMEYA EITARO.

AMEYA EITARO is a sister brand of the Japanese traditional candy store EITARO AME. EITARO AME is established in Edo period, and you can find its store in the department stores like MITSUKOSHI, MATSUYA, ISETAN.


The AMEYA EITARO store I visited was located in MITSUKOSHI GINZA, and they are selling Ginza’s limited strawberry flavor like AMAO and SAGAHONOKA.


Oh, I think, it’s really great timing to introduce you about Japanese strawberries.

Japanese people are so strict with the flavors of Strawberry (=ICHIGO in Japanese.) In winter time, you’ll see plenty of kinds of strawberries and two of those flavors are AMAO and SAGAHONOKA.


SO, in this store, I found this lip gloss.

There are six flavors for this lip gloss line and I got litchi flavored one.

So this is the picture of the box…


 And, this one is the tube!


And… what do you think? You thought this is a cosmetic lip gloss, aren’t you?


Well, the stuff at the store told me that this lip gloss is just a melted candy (like syrup,) and we can put that in the yogurt and other desserts!! I think you all thought the same thing, but I was like “Ew.” Lol

But what she told me relieved me and persuaded me to buy it.lol


In Edo period, there were no cosmetics to make girls’ lip shinny.
So young girls started to add some melted candy on their lips and they also could enjoyed the taste of good sugar without letting no adults know at the same time.


Very cute story, isn’t it?? She told me that they got inspiration from this storyJ


So, this lip gloss is more like secret snacks for girls;)


Very unique, cute shape, healthy, not expensive (500yen per each), and based on the real historical Japanese tradition.

It’s definitely worth trying!!



If you are curious, check their web page (Japanese only):


Eriko

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿